Special Needs Assistant – Morden
We are looking for a motivated individual to work at a popular Special Needs School in Morden. The school are looking for an individual to work with the pupils aged 3-19 who have severe and complex learning difficulties and learners with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical/sensory difficulties.
This School has an Upper and Lower site, so you will be placed in your desired setting.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant your role is to support a child with their learning and care whilst in school and other settings. As well as developing and delivering personalised learning, you will work with colleagues to support the pupil’s daily routine, transitions and positive behaviour management.
A tailored approach to the individual child ensures that every student has the opportunity to reach his or her full potential in a caring and safe environment. The Teaching Assistant will need to support the Class Teacher with the day-to-day running of the class.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career whilst you help shape and develop our provision to achieve this.
This is a long-term position, with the view to go permanent should things go well on both sides.
The school also has very good links to public transport and a staff car park available.
The School has excellent transport links and easy to get to from South London. This will be a long-term position to start in December/January 2024, with the view to go permanent from July 2024 or sooner if things go well.
***SEN Teaching Assistant position
***Special Needs School (Primary and Secondary age groups)
***Based in Morden
***Full-time / Long term (08:30-15:30)
***£75-£95 per day
* Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team.
* To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
* To promote and encourage independence and personal development in the pupil and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
* Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day-to-day running of the class
* To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
* To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
* Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
* Knowledge and experience of pupils with severe and complex learning difficulties and learners with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical/sensory difficulties
How to Apply:
You can apply online by applying directly to this advert.