Website Cormac Willis
Sugarman Education is an expanding business that has evolved from a passion to help children with additional learning and behavioural needs.
I am looking for HIGHLY EXPERIENCED and PASSIONATE SEN teaching assistant’s with experience working with children and young adults with a variety of additional needs (e.g. autism, dyslexia, ADHD, global development delay, speech and communication challenges), to provide 1:1 and group based tuition.
You will demonstrate our values of compassion, commitment, reliability and honesty and you will have the opportunity to make a difference whilst earning some of the most competitive rates in London.
- an outstanding understanding of the UK National Curriculum;
- a proven record of working with special educational needs – autism/dyslexia/ ADHD or other;
- a proven record of being able to heighten pupil’s confidence, self-esteem and love of learning;
- 100% passion for education, commitment, reliability and honesty;
- to creatively apply differentiated techniques to planning and teaching;
- excellent communication skills;
- excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- incredible patience;
- an excellent knowledge of different learning styles and how to utilise these;
- the ability to deal with possible behaviour issues;
- the ability to work flexibly and attend meetings outside hours if necessary;
- to be a team-worker;
- a willingness to apply for an enhanced DBS check;
- a willingness to apply for public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
You will need to:
- make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity;
- support and assess the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues as necessary;
- supervise pupil safety.
You must be patient and caring and have a real passion for helping young people overcome their emotional and behavioural barriers. Previous experience of working with individuals with Autism and with additional educational needs is desirable but not essential. Applicants will need to use their initiative and adapt quickly and intuitively to the needs of the child as well as a having a willingness to learn and receive direction from others.
Here at Sugarman Education we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply please respond to this advert or call Cormac at Sugarman Education on 0203 793 1319.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer