We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teaching Assistant (TA) to join a Primary school based in Tooting, Wandsworth.
This role is a long-term position to start in January 2023 with interviews and trials happening in the next few weeks. It will be from January 2024 – July 2024 with an option for a permanent contract at the end if you wish to continue.
You will be working directly with a Year 4 child with mild autism.
Working the hours will be 08:30 – 15:45, Monday to Friday – Term time only!
About the role:
Enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area for short periods of time.
The school is very popular within the local community. The school wants to see all pupils progress regardless of their starting point. Pupils feel safe at school, enjoy their education and become confident and positive members of the community.
** Teaching Assistant 1:1 role starting January 2024
**Long Term, Full-Time position, with the view to go permanent for the next academic year
**Supportive School located Tooting, London
**Small but ambitious Primary School with 2 form entry
**£75-£95 per day depending on experience and payment method.
- Provide one-on-one support to a child with SEN, both inside and outside the classroom, ensuring their safety and well-being.
* Assist the child in accessing the curriculum, adapting materials and resources as required.
* Implement individualised learning plans, following guidance from the school’s SEN coordinator and other professionals.
* Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, encouraging the child’s social and emotional development.
* The ability to carry out designated tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
* The ability to work as part of a team.
* The ability to be creative and use initiative to engage children.
* The ability to work under pressure, with enthusiasm, motivation and commitment.
Hold a current DBS or be willing to put a new one in process
Have experience working with primary aged children, ideally KS2
Have Fantastic time management and organisational skills and be passionate about the impact of education at a Young age.
To find out more please apply for this role and if successful, we will be in touch with the next step