Website Jordaine Straker
Sugarman Education working with a School in North London who are looking to employ passionate and enthusiastic learning support assistants.
The school I am working with is a Outstanding Primary School who are looking innovative Learning Support Assistant’s who have a real passion for working 1-1 with children with SEN.
If you are interested in furthering your career in education whether within Special Educational Needs or have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SEN -Coordinator in ensuring the children are supported and progressing.
This successful applicant must be:
- Passionate about complex and special educational needs
- Comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning difficulties
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child’s IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification – eg. CACHE Level 3
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
- Someone with a real Passion for SEN and helping others.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer