Sugarman Education are working with a fantastic SEND School in the heart of Croydon. They are looking for an experience teaching assistant to join their co-educational special school specialising in autism and complex needs and addresses the social communication, cognitive, sensory and social, emotional, and behavioural needs of pupils aged 2 – 19.
You will be responsible Support learning in the classroom under the direction of the teacher, to enable students and groups of students to make maximum progress towards achieving their targets; ensuring high standards in health, safety and good behaviour is maintained.
**SEN School Teaching Assistant – January 2024 start date or sooner if available.
**Long Term, Full-Time position, with the view to go permanent for the next academic year
**Supportive SEN School located in New Addington, Croydon
**£75-£95 per day depending on experience and payment method
All Teaching Assistants receive amazing training, and professional development, and, for those who aspire to work with children who have special and additional needs, this hands-on experience supporting a pupil on a 1:1 basis or in groups will be perfect. This is a highly rewarding opportunity.
- Previous experience/ knowledge of SEND
- Hold a current DBS or be willing to put a new one in process
- Excellent verbal communication, written and active listening skills
- Confident in creating a creative and safe learning environment
- Have experience working with pupils who have additional needs.
- Have Fantastic time management and organisational skills and be passionate about the impact of education at a young age.
- Be able to work 08:30 – 15:45, Monday – Friday.
To find out more please apply for this role and if successful, we will be in touch with the next steps.