Website Cormac Willis
Sugarman Education is an expanding business that has evolved from a passion to help children with additional learning and behavioural needs. I am looking for a HIGHLY EXPERIENCED and PASSIONATE SEN teaching assistant with experience working with children and young adults with a variety of additional needs (e.g. autism, dyslexia, ADHD, global development delay, speech and communication challenges), to provide 1:1 and group based tuition.
You will demonstrate our values of compassion, commitment, reliability and honesty and you will have the opportunity to make a difference whilst earning some of the most competitive rates in London.
- an outstanding understanding of the UK National Curriculum;
- a proven record of working with special educational needs – autism/dyslexia/ ADHD or other;
- a proven record of being able to heighten pupil’s confidence, self-esteem and love of learning;
- 100% passion for education, commitment, reliability and honesty;
- to creatively apply differentiated techniques to planning and teaching;
- excellent communication skills;
- excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- incredible patience;
- an excellent knowledge of different learning styles and how to utilise these;
- the ability to deal with possible behaviour issues;
- the ability to work flexibly and attend meetings outside hours if necessary;
- to be a team-worker;
- a willingness to apply for an enhanced DBS check;
- a willingness to apply for public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
You will need to:
- make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity;
- support and assess the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues as necessary;
- supervise pupil safety.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer