Website Rebecca O'Neill
Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
I am currently looking to recruit a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant for a September start for a ‘OUTSTANDING’ school based in the South London area.
- The role is full-time (5 days per week) for the successful candidate.
- You will be supporting students with Severe Learning Difficulties and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
- The role will include elements of personal care.
- The role may include PEG/Tube feeding.
- The successful candidate will be required to work in the post until July 2020.
- Have been rated as ‘OUTSTANDING’ by Ofsted on their last two inspections.
- The school provides Special Education for pupils from the ages of 3 – 11 years with Special Educational Needs including Severe Learning Difficulties, Physical Disabilities, Complex Medical Needs and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
- The curriculum is presented and supported in a variety of ways. It is practical, functionally based and supports lifelong learning.
- The school has a great outlook on mindfulness and have regular yoga and meditation sessions for their pupils.
- Will have UK classroom experience.
- Have experience working with Special Educational Needs.
- PECS, MAKATON, TEAACH or TEAM TEACH would be an advantage.
- Be available from September 2019 until July 2020.
- Excel at building great relationships with pupils and staff.
- Ideally have a current DBS on the updated service.
Sugarman Education is committed to Safer Recruitment and currently holds the REC Education Accredited Status. Any job application is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Sugarman Education is also an equal opportunities employer and we treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly.
Please note that due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. However Sugarman Education are currently recruiting for a vast amount of positions. Please submit your CV to register and we will help you find a role tailored to your experience and preferences.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer