Secondary KS3/4 SEND Teacher
Are you a versatile teacher with SEND experience? Sugarman Education currently have a role within one of their schools which specialise in key stages 1,2,3,4 and post 16. Centred in the heart of Croydon, this opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking to utilise their teaching qualities in a growing, aspirational environment centred around the crucial early learning years. The educational facility is graded ‘good’ by Ofsted and continues to prioritise the individual needs of their pupils, in preparation for their future and living. Surrounded by multiple bus and train routes, the school is accessible and easy to navigate in one of the most welcoming and diverse communities. SEND experience required.
- Being able to consistently have a resilient attitude to supporting the students in their care
- Recognising children’s strengths and weaknesses to support their development
- A good understanding of the requirements for teaching students with Autism
- In compliance with the school’s Curriculum Policy, ensuring that all students are offered a comprehensive, balanced, and suitable curriculum.
- Awareness of SEN Code of Practice and current SEN initiatives
- Receive £200 for each successful referral which is made
- CPD and training workshops provided to aid development
- Will have a resourceful and helpful consultant who is able to aid you and will be able to answer any queries or help with any concerns
- Consistent work throughout the academic year offering both long- and short-term assignments
- Full time opportunities
- Social events termly to celebrate success
- QTS required
- Take responsibility of your professional growth and responsibilities in regards to school rules and procedures.
- Recent experience of teaching & assessing and working with young people
- DBS required
- Previous experience in teaching SEN children required
- Able to deal with children’s basic health and hygiene needs including personal care
If you do not have a DBS contact a member of our team to help you out with this. After you click ‘apply’ we will be more than happy to guide and help you through this quick and easy process.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Sugarman Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Sugarman Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Sugarman Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.