#readytowork #coversupervisor #jobsineducation Brett Spencer
COVER SUPERVISOR | Outstanding School| 1 Year Contract | Interviewing NOW!
Sugarman Education has an Outstanding partner Secondary School based in Hackney, East London, is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join their team this September on a long-term basis for 1 year.
This Outstanding is a school located in the borough of Islington, North London is looking to recruit a confident Cover Supervisor to join their team ASAP for 1 year. The school has the highest expectations and ambitions for every student. Through a large investment, the school has recently completed its rebuild and the facilities are fantastic.
This larger-than-average school is very supportive of their staff and is always trying to better their expertise. Having been graded Outstanding in their last Ofsted, it was stated that “Leaders make sure that staff benefit from quality training to help them to contribute towards the school’s priorities. From their monitoring, leaders identify the personal training and development needs of members of staff, which they then fulfill.”
The school has great public transport links nearby with a railway station and tube station both only a 10-minute walk from the school.
Here lies the opportunity for you to join a great school that promotes and encourages development for all their staff, both teaching, and non-teaching. They are looking to recruit a pool of enthusiastic, passionate Cover Supervisors to join their team. They are looking to recruit on a short and long term basis to cover teacher absences. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to gain experience within the classroom before going on to complete your teacher training as this school is also a ‘teacher training school’
The main duties of a Cover Supervisor are:
- Supervising the cover work set by the absent teacher
- Ensuring the children have the required resources and knowledge to complete the work set by the teacher
- Managing the behavior of pupils during the lesson to ensure all work is completed
- Be confident to assist with any questions the children may have regarding the work
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher/department.
- Experience of working in a childcare setting (ideally with Secondary aged students)
- Strong classroom presence and ability to manage behaviour as and when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree/Equivalent (Please note this is desired but not essential)