A Special Needs school in South London is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to support a child with Autism. The ideal candidate must have experience working in a classroom setting and must have previous experience, working with children with Autism and/ or with children with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. A high volume of applicants is expected to apply so please do not delay.
This school is rated as an Ofsted Outstanding School, who provides the highest quality of education and care for their students. This role will be a temp and eventually perm role which offers endless opportunities to grow and expand. The school will also offer additional training and support. This rewarding opportunity will involve supporting the class teacher in all subjects and helping with creative lesson planning. Supporting the student on a 1:1 basis, building a good report and keeping him engaged in making process with his learning will help him to improve his social skills and overcome certain learning barriers.
The ideal candidate must:
- Right to work in the UK
- Clear DBS registered on the update service or willing to pay £40 to do a new DBS
- Have previous experience working with children with Autism/ Emotional Behavioural Difficulties
- Committed, reliable and available 5 days a week, from 8:30 – 4pm, Monday to Friday
- Passionate in working with children with Special Educational Needs
Benefits of working through Sugarman Education:
- 1:1 Consultant to support
- Weekly pay (£350-£450)
- Holiday pay
The headteacher would like to hold interviews immediately so please send your CV and apply now!