Teacher of Design Technology – Secondary School – Camden, North London
Sugarman are working with one of our long-standing partner schools where we are seeking a qualified and experienced Design Technology teacher, specialising in resistant materials. The role is rich with diversity and within a highly acclaimed leadership team that’s proud of their community and commitment to providing the highest quality teaching for students.
- Design Technology – Resistant Materials
- Inner London pay scale M1-UPS3 (£32,157- £42,624.)
- Locations: Central/North London
- Starting from: January 2022 – Interviewing Now
- Flexible on specialism
The ideal candidate will have a degree or from industry design technology as well as qualified teacher status, continued learning of given subject is crucial, with excellent knowledge of the curriculum and developments within the subject. The schools we work with are searching for teachers that possess a proven track record in motivating students to achieve and secure better results with a real vision in how to achieve this and a ‘can do’ attitude.
The Design Technology Role
- The role requires you to teach Design Technology – to all year groups at GCSE, A level as well as vocational programmes (Optional)
- Effective communication with teachers and students in order to secure the best for the education pupils.
- Supporting schools to implement mission statements as well as enrich the overall provisions to students from different backgrounds, learning potential and SEN.
- Work in line with school targets and to achieve great outcomes, and to identify further learning to assist in this and implementing best practice methods.
- Adhering to health and safety at all times during classroom and outdoor activities.
- Excellent working knowledge of Design Technology (RM)
- Highly flexible and adaptive
- Finds fulfillment in working with young people
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to ‘close the gap’ between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged students and committed to the equal opportunities of students and staff.
- Technically savvy, knowledgeable, and able to use a different range of materials, equipment, and software to enhance learning.
- Great location with 3 stations nearby
- Brand new, State of the art DT department
- Competitive rate of pay (Main Scale/ Inner London)
- Your very own dedicated consultant assigned to you
- A small, collaborative department with excellent resources
- Excellent CPD on offer
- Scope for Career progression, 2ic and Subject leader
This really is a wonderful school that’s been a long-term partner of ours. Feedback from teachers is extremely positive. Some genuine feedback below:
“I didn’t think schools like this existed” and “the children are so polite and well mannered” and I love this school, everyone is so supportive”.
For more information, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.