Website Jess Bahia
Have you successfully worked with young people with Special Educational Needs? Do you have the ability to engage with a young person no matter what barriers they may face?
Children’s Services is currently looking for experienced 1:1 SEN Tutors in Doncaster
As an SEN Tutor, your role will involve supporting & educating students on a 1:1 basis, helping students access the learning and make progress in their education. The children on role range from KS1 – Post 16
Prior experience of working with young people who have challenging difficulties is essential for this role.
Responsibilities as an SEN Tutor:
- Working 1:1 with students who have various special educational needs
- Travelling to schools, libraries and students homes to complete 1- 2 hour bookings.
- Tutors with a focous on Maths, English or Science
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people and those with SEND
- Positive behaviour strategy knowledge and experience of helping children self – regulate emotions
- Excellent written communication and reporting
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- QTS preferable or a Degree and previously tutoring experience
- Experience of working with SEN students, or with ASD, SEMH,HI,LMD,PMLD,SLCN.
- Highly ambitious & enthusiastic
- Be able to work with a creative approach to the curriculum
- Able to manage behaviour and set firm and clear boundaries
- Motivate learners
To be considered for this role apply with your most up to date CV or for more information call Jess on 02034577901
Only successful candidates will be contacted for this role, although there will be other opportunities available. Feel free to apply for this role as you may be considered for other roles as well. Sugarman Education recruit’s teachers for supply, long term teaching or permanent teaching jobs, for schools across the UK.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer