Website Jess Bahia
Sugarman Education are currently recruiting for a qualified teacher/Tutor to support the learning and development of Looked after Children and those with SEN based within the London Borough of Waltham Forest
Working as an Education Specialist for Children’s Services could be one of the most rewarding roles that you have experienced. By working one-to-one with a young person without the distractions of being in a classroom or the pressures of hitting unrealistic targets, you can develop a healthy and empowering rapport with your students and create an educational programme designed around their interests which facilitates a positive learning experience and successful outcomes.
You would not only have the flexibility to choose when you’d like to work, but also you’ll have access to all the benefits, including training and professional development. We also offer work out of school hours.
Benefits, including training and professional development. We also offer work out of school hours.
To be considered for this role you will need to:
- Have experience in working / supporting / teaching young people with SEN and other complex needs.
- Teachers with English/Mathematic or Science specialisation preferred.
- Be engaging and easily approachable
- Be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Be computer and IT literate
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or demonstrable previous experience.
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people in the care system
To be eligible the Tutor must:
- Valid Enhanced DBS check
- Be a qualified Teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, B’ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
- Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in the UK
This is a fantastic opportunity for:
– Teachers who are looking for more flexibility during school hours or after school.
– Teachers who wish to make a positive impact on Looked after Children or children with learning difficulties.
To be considered for this role apply with your most up to date CV or call Jess for more information on 02034577901
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer